Our program this year will include the usual two speakers provided by the Archeological Institute of America and will include speakers recruited from among our rich pool of local archaeological professionals. It promises to be a rich and informative year.
All interested participants are welcome. We request that non-members make a voluntary $5.00 contribution at the door to attend the lecture. Information for non-members wishing to join the Society will be available at each meeting.
Commencing on October 15, 2021, we will be meeting at the Pecos Trail Café, 2239 Old Pecos Trail. If you plan to enjoy the delicious food available, please plan to Arrive around 5:30PM. There will be a brief business meeting starting at 7:00 PM followed at 7:15PM by the scheduled lecture.
Future Meetings will follow the same time schedule at the Pecos Trail Café on the 3rd Tuesday of each succeeding Month until completion of the following agenda.
- Tuesday, October 19 – Jennifer Stager [AIA Kershaw Lecturer] (A Feminist History of Ancient Medicine)*
- Tuesday, November 16 – Matthew Barbour (Guisewa/Jemez State Historical Site)
- Tuesday, January 18 – Emily Brown (Archaeology of the Rio Grande del Norte National Monument)
- Tuesday, February 15 – TBD
- Tuesday, March 15 – April Nowell (21st Century Tools for Studying Ice Age) *
- Tuesday, April 19 – David Eck (The Folsom Site)
- Spring Trip, April 23/24 – Folsom Site tour (Folsom)
*On-line lecture. We hope to project the lecture onto a large screen.
The previously scheduled Visit to the Folsom archeological Site, (canceled due to the pandemic) has been rescheduled as the current Spring Trip. Additional information regarding the trip will be forthcoming.
All members are still required to be current members of the Archeological Institute of America. Dues and membership for the AIA can be paid online at https://archeological.org/join. Regular dues of $20.00 per member per year may be paid at the regular meetings or sent to:
The Santa Fe Archeological Society
PO Box 31603
Santa Fe, NM 87504
I am looking forward to the new season, and hope that we can move forward with a rewarding restart of the Society. My email address is email@example.com and I urge you to contact me if you have questions.